How To Backup & Restore PS5 Console Data
Regular backups of your data are a great way for you to protect important data. Backup data from your PS5 console storage can easily be transferred to a USB storage stick.
- When backing up data or restoring it, do not turn off the PS5 console.
- This can lead to data loss or corruption and damage to your PS5 console or USB drive.
- All data on your PS5 console is erased when data restoration takes place.
You can’t undo this, even if the restore operation is canceled. Be careful not to accidentally delete any important data. Information that has been erased is irreversibly lost.
The backup data doesn’t include trophies. Make sure you update your game status before backing it up.
- Click Trophies, then press the Options button and choose Sync with PlayStation Network.
Users who have never signed up can restore their saved data to the original PS5 console. You must sign in to your console to retrieve any saved data.
You Can Back Up PS5 Data
These data can be backup:
- Games and apps
- All data saved
- Screenshots and video clips
Backup data contains all data on your PS5 console, except trophies. Backup data is restored to your PS5 console. This resets your console and erases all data.
Backup PS5 Console Data To USB Flash Drive
- Attach your PS5 system to your Flash drive.
- Navigate to the homepage and choose Settings > System.
- Select System Software > Restore and Back-Up > Back up your PS5 Xbox series.
- If you have multiple USB drives, choose the one that is connected.
- Select the type of data you wish to back up and click Next.
The name of the file and its size would be shown. If needed, enter a description for the backup data.
Select Back up
- The console will restart and the backup process begins.
- If you see a screen that displays Backup fully, your PS5 will reboot. Select OK.
- Your console is now restarted.
Save Data From A USB Flash Drive To Restore PS5 Console Information
You must have the latest version of system software installed on your PS5 to be able to restore it from a backup.
- Link your PS5 console to your Usb drive.
- Select Settings > System
- Select System Software > Backup and restore > Restore PS5.
- Select your USB drive from the list of USB drives.
Select the data that is most important to you.
- Select Restore >
Your console reboots, and then restores. After the restore is completed, your console will start up again.
Console Sharing, Offline Play, and Console Sharing are both disabled when you restore your PS5 gaming console. You can configure the setting once again to prevent you from losing access to your subscriptions or content.