Why PlayStation Won’t Let Me Buy PS Plus: Causes and Solutions
If you are a PlayStation user, you might have encountered a frustrating problem: you can’t buy PS Plus, the subscription service that gives you access to online multiplayer, free monthly games, exclusive discounts, and more. You might see an error message like “We’ve encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again later.” or “Something went wrong.” or “Error Code E-8210604A”. You might also find that you can’t confirm your purchase, change your payment method, or add funds to your wallet. What causes this problem and how can you fix it? In this article, we will explore some of the possible reasons and solutions for this issue.
There are several factors that could prevent you from buying PS Plus on your PlayStation console or online store. Some of the most common ones are:
- PlayStation server maintenance: Sometimes, Sony performs maintenance on its servers to improve their performance and security. This could affect your ability to communicate with the PlayStation Network and verify your PS Plus subscription. You can check the status of the PlayStation servers on their official website or on their Twitter account.
- Credit card or billing information issues: If your credit card or billing information does not match your PSN account information, you might encounter an error when trying to buy PS Plus. This could happen if you have moved to a different address, changed your card number or expiration date, or used a different currency. You might also have a limit on your card that prevents you from making online purchases or recurring payments. You should contact your bank or card issuer to verify your information and resolve any issues.
- PSN account issues: If you have updated your payment information too often within a short amount of time, your account might be blocked for security reasons. You will need to wait 24 hours before attempting to update your payment information again. You might also have a parental control setting that restricts your ability to make purchases on the PS Store. You should check your account settings and adjust them accordingly.
- PS Store or PS Plus glitches: Sometimes, there might be a bug or glitch in the PS Store or PS Plus that prevents you from buying the service. This could happen due to a software update, a network error, or a corrupted data file. You might need to restart your console, clear your cache, restore your licenses, or reinstall the PS Store app to fix the problem.
Depending on the cause of the problem, there are different ways to fix it and buy PS Plus successfully. Here are some of the most effective solutions that have worked for other users:
- Buy PS Plus from another device: If you can’t buy PS Plus from your console, you can try buying it from another device, such as a PC, smartphone, or tablet. You can access the PS Store from your web browser and log in with your PSN account. You can then select the PS Plus option and choose your subscription plan. You can pay with your credit card, PayPal, or PSN wallet funds. Once you complete the purchase, you should be able to access PS Plus on your console.
- Buy PS Plus with a gift card: If you can’t buy PS Plus with your credit card or PayPal, you can try buying it with a gift card. You can buy a PSN gift card from a retailer or online store and redeem it on your PSN account. You can then use the funds in your wallet to buy PS Plus from the PS Store. You can also buy a PS Plus gift card that gives you a specific subscription period (such as 1 month, 3 months, or 12 months) and redeem it on your account.
- Contact PlayStation support: If none of the above solutions work for you, you might need to contact PlayStation support for further assistance. You can reach them by phone, chat, email, or social media. They will be able to check your account status, troubleshoot the problem, and provide you with a solution.
Buying PS Plus should be a simple and straightforward process, but sometimes it can be hindered by various factors. If you encounter any problems when trying to buy PS Plus, you should first check the PlayStation server status and your credit card or billing information. If those are not the causes of the problem, you can try buying PS Plus from another device, using a gift card, or contacting PlayStation support. Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you enjoy the benefits of PS Plus without any hassle.