How To Fix PS4 Controller Not Connecting To PC
A positive gaming experience depends on feeling satisfied. Specific game genres, like racing and fighting games, perform better with a controller.
Windows 10 computers do not by default support PS4 controllers. Some Steam games can let it if you connect via a USB connection. You try using a PS4 controller for the first time on a computer, but it doesn’t work.
There’s no reason to worry right now. Something as simple as a controller misconfiguration could cause the issue. You may fix it by going over your controller’s settings.
Instead of using the XInput drivers that Xbox controllers use, the DualShock 4 uses generic DirectInput drivers. It’s more difficult to set up a PS4 controller on a PC than it is to connect an Xbox gamepad.
Why iS PS4 Controller Not Connecting To PC?
Having problems connecting your PS4 controller to your Windows computer is possible. Most likely, one of the following causes is to blame:
1. Signal interference with Bluetooth
One drawback of wireless technology is signal interference. You’re using a wireless PS4 controller. Make sure there aren’t any other Bluetooth devices nearby that can impede the signal.
2. The USB cable or port is broken
There is a wired connection being used. This could be the reason why your PS4 controller won’t connect to your PC. The issue can be caused by a damaged USB port or a bad USB cable.
3. The PS4 controller is off or its battery is low
You are trying to wirelessly connect your PS4 controller to your PC, but your computer cannot find or detect it. Verify that the controller is not off. Although it is turned on, the Windows Bluetooth settings do not show it. It might be brought on by a low battery level.
4. Your computer’s drivers need to be updated
Various players may experience connection issues while using a PS4 controller. An outdated or incompatible driver is to blame. In the Device Manager, right-click each item under Human Interface Devices.
How To Fix PS4 Controller Not Connecting To PC
Here are a few suggested solutions to fixing your PS4 controller not connecting to your PC:
Use Another USB Cable
Connect your PS4 controller to the computer wiredly through USB. Verify the condition of the cable you’re using. Make sure it’s fully and flawlessly functional without an issue. If you doubt it, use a different micro USB cord if possible.
To see if your controller consistently functions, try using a different USB cable or a different USB port on your Windows 10 computer. Various mobile phones can be charged using it often. Verify if that resolves the issue.
Hard Reset the PS4 Controller
If your controller cannot still connect to your PC, you may want to hard reset it. It is necessary to have a small, pointed object, such as a paper clip that has been bent or a SIM card ejection tool.
- After turning off your PS4, turn your controller over.
- There is a little hole next to the screw by the L2 button.
- Using your pointed tool, press and hold the button inside of this hole for around five seconds.
- Check to verify if the controller connects by connecting it to the PS4 once more through USB.
Turn Off-On Bluetooth Device
When your PS4 controller won’t connect to your Windows computer, one of the things you have to do is to try pairing your computer with your device once more after turning Bluetooth off and on. You may disable Bluetooth from the Windows Action Center or the Windows Settings menu.
- Go to the Start menu and select Settings.
- From the Devices menu, choose Bluetooth & other devices right away.
- Depending on your demands, toggle the Bluetooth switch on or off.
- Another Bluetooth device can be added.
Install PS4 Controller In Steam
Your PS4 controller might not be connecting to your PC because you haven’t installed it properly in Steam. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Steam On Your PC
- Go to Settings in the top-left drop-down menu to see the Controller tab.
- Activate the General Controller Settings tab.
- Register your device by logging into your account.
- Adjust joystick calibration and preferences.
- From the drop-down option, select PlayStation Configuration Support.
- In the game or in the Settings Controller tab, remap the controller.
Install PS4 Controller On PC & Connect It Wirelessly
You need to learn also how to install your PS4 controller on your PC the right way and connect it wirelessly via Bluetooth:
- Launch the DS4Windows application. Right-click on Bluetooth Device in the system tray to add a Bluetooth device.
- Connect your Bluetooth dongle to your DualShock4 controller. Hold the Share and PlayStation buttons down for three seconds. until a double blinking pattern is visible in the controller’s light bar at the top.
- Go to Wireless Controller to pair your PS4 controller. Use a wireless USB dongle or the built-in Bluetooth device on your laptop.
- Make sure the PS4 controller is connected. Look for a light bar on the top of the controller; it should be on.
- Alternately, the controller should be recognized by the Controllers tab of the DS4Windows window.
- You must also fix your PS4 controller if it is blinking white.
The PS4 controller connection might be annoying at times. To solve this issue, adhere to the suggested actions above. You ought to be helped by one of the troubleshooting methods mentioned above. Computers are most likely unable to identify PS4 controllers due to defective drivers, thus the PS4 controller won’t be able to connect to your PC.
PS4 Controller Not Connecting To PC FAQ
Why Doesn't My PC Recognize My PS4 Controller?
Your gamepad was not detected by Windows PC. You have too many devices plugged into your computer, that's why. Any extra plug-and-play devices you may have should be unplugged. Make sure your gamepad is linked directly to your PC and not through a USB hub.
How Do I Get My PS4 Controller Connected To My PC?
Windows 10's Start menu provides access to the Settings app. From the Devices menu, choose Bluetooth. The DualShock 4 will show up as a Wireless Controller if pairing mode is enabled. To connect it to your computer, choose it and then click Pair.
Why Won’t My PS4 Controller Connect To My PC Via USB?
USB device not recognized shows as a warning. The controller and computer may not be properly connected, which could be the root of the problem. To fix this, merely hit the pairing button on your adapter. Push the pairing button on your controller after that.
Does Windows 10 PC support PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller ?
Windows 10 does not accept third-party controllers, such as the DualShock 4. According to Microsoft, users are advised to use their own Xbox controller. It leaves open the option of using your computer with a PS4 controller.