PS5 Error Code (CE-117773-6) Fixed By Experts
If you are a PS5 owner, you may have encountered the error code (CE-117773-6) when trying to access some features or services that require a PlayStation Plus subscription. This error may prevent you from buying, upgrading, or downloading games, as well as uploading or downloading save files from the cloud server. In this article, we will explain what causes this error, how to troubleshoot it, and how to prevent it from happening again.
What Causes PS5 Error Code (CE-117773-6)?
According to some users on reddit.com, this error may occur due to various reasons, such as:
- Your PlayStation Plus subscription has expired or is not valid.
- The PlayStation Network servers are down or undergoing maintenance.
- There is a problem with the communication between your console and the servers.
- There is a glitch with the game licenses of your account.
How to Troubleshoot PS5 Error Code (CE-117773-6)?
If you see this error but you have a valid PlayStation Plus subscription, please try the following steps:
- Check the current status of the PlayStation Network servers by visiting this link. If there are any issues, wait until they are resolved by Sony.
- Power cycle your console by turning it off, unplugging it from the power outlet, waiting for at least 20 minutes, and then plugging it back in and turning it on.
- Download a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection by going to the PlayStation Plus app on the home screen, selecting the Benefits tab, choosing PlayStation Plus Collection, adding any game to your library, and then downloading it.
- Buy or download something from the PlayStation Store on another device, such as a web browser or a mobile app. You can visit the PlayStation Store website or download the official PlayStation app for iOS or Android.
- Restore the game licenses of your account by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting Users and Accounts, choosing Other, and then selecting Restore Licenses.
How to Prevent PS5 Error Code (CE-117773-6) from Happening Again?
To avoid this error in the future, please follow these tips:
- Keep your PlayStation Plus subscription active and up to date. You can check your subscription status by going to your profile on the home screen and looking for the PS+ symbol next to your name.
- Keep your system software updated and follow the instructions on screen. You can check for updates by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting System, choosing System Software, and then selecting System Software Update and Settings.
- Keep your console clean and dust-free by using a soft cloth or compressed air. Avoid dropping or bumping your console.
- Contact PlayStation support if none of the above solutions work or if you have any questions or feedback.
We hope this article has helped you fix PS5 error code (CE-117773-6) and enjoy your gaming experience.