How To Play PS5 Games With PS4 Controller? | Total Solution
The Playstation audience is aware that Sony has already confirmed that its existing PS4 controller (i.e. DualShock 4) would NOT work with PS5 games. Although this has been announced, many PlayStation users still search for an answer to how to play PS5 games with PS4 controller.
Sony said that existing DualShock 4 controllers and officially licensed third-party PS4 controllers “will work with supported PS4 games.” This move does mean that PS5 owners will need to buy additional controllers to play PS5 games, much like how PS3 controllers didn’t work on the PS4.
But is that all? Isn’t there any trick or workaround for this issue that allows users to play PS5 games with the PS4 controller? Well, the good news is that there is. This guide helps you find out how to play PS5 games with PS4 controller.
Can You Use a PS4 Controller on the PS5?
Part of learning how to play PS5 games with PS4 controller is to know first whether you can use your PS4 controller on the PS5 or not. Well, Sony’s already confirmed that you won’t be able to use a PS4 controller to play PS5 games, but it makes sense for the PlayStation 5 to support the PS4 controller (DualShock 4) when playing games that are backwards compatible with the PlayStation 4.
The PS4 controller will work as expected when you’re playing PS4 titles on the PS5. However, the new functionality included with the PS5 controller indicates that your PS4 controller (DualShock 4) isn’t compatible with PS5 games. Thus, you can’t use it to play PS5 games directly on the console.
That what Sony says, but there’s still a workaround for playing PS5 games with PS4 controller.
Method to Play PS5 Games With PS4 Controller
If you want to play PS5 games with PS4 controller, you can’t do it on a PS5 console, rather on other devices connected to PS5.
It’s possible that you use a PS4 controller (DualShock 4) to play PS5 games remotely on your phone, tablet, PC, or Mac via the Remote Play app. In other words, the PS5 “Remote Play” app allows you to play PS5 games using a PS4 controller (DualShock 4).
To do that, follow the steps below:
- On your PS5, click the gear icon in order go to the Settings menu.
- From the list of options that show up, select “System”.
- Click on “Remote Play” Icon.
- Click the toggle next to “Enable Remote Play” to turn it on.
- You have now to put your PS5 in rest mode. To do that, go back to the main Settings menu and select System.
- Choose the Power Saving option then click Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Enable the following two capabilities: Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network.
- If you don’t have it already installed, download and install the PlayStation “Remote Play” app for Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android
- Launch the app on whatever device you are using and select the PS Remote Play option.
- Choose Sign in to PSN and log in using the same credentials as you used on your PS5.
- In the list of available devices, select your PS5.
- If you’re using a computer, you can easily connect your Dualshock 4 controllers. Otherwise, if you want to play PS4 games with a PS4 controller on your phone or tablet, follow the prompts to connect the controller using your device’s Bluetooth settings.
So now you have learnt how to play PS5 games with a PS4 controller, which can help you temporarily play your favorite PS5 games without the need to buy a the new DualSense PS5 controller. Later on, when you feel that owning a PS5 controller is essential, you can buy one when the prices go down. But, since you’re not in hurry now, use this method to play your PS5 games with PS4 controller.