How to Get PS4 Out Of Safe Mode Without Controller
What happens when your PS4 is stuck in safe mode? You can’t control your system and you have to get out of it quickly. The problem with this is that there are no working buttons on the controller, so how do you get out of safe mode without a controller? Luckily, there are some ways to escape from PS4 Safe Mode without using a controller! We will go over them below.
Let’s first understand what is PS4 safe mode and why your system is stuck on it.
What is PS4 Safe Mode?
PS4 safe mode (that’s how we’ll say it from now on) are the options that your console can undertake when there might be a problem with some of its data. This happens, for example, if you have been trying to update your system and the process fails. In this situation, instead of throwing you an error message, the console will automatically restart in safe mode so that you can try again.
Safe Mode is also used to troubleshoot your PS4 if there are any problems with its software or game files, like a corrupted update file for example. You would need to enter Safe Mode and use “update system” from the menu options, which would replace the corrupted file with a new one.
You might need to enter Safe Mode in order to recover your game save data if it is not available or accessible on the system anymore, and you don’t want to delete anything else off of your console just yet. This way, you could copy them onto an external storage device before erasing them or reformatting the storage device.
But the problem here is when you find yourself in a situation that PS4 system is stuck in Safe Mode and the controller is not working, so you’ll want to get out of safe mode without using a controller.
Getting Out of PS4 Safe Mode Without Controller
Now, to get out of safe mode without the PS4 controller, follow these simple steps:
- Press the power button on your PS4 system for five seconds, then release it. The screen will not turn off this time and you’ll see a message that says “Safe Mode”.
- Next press and hold down the Power Button until you are given an option to choose safe mode or normal startup (pressing any other button than those two will not give you this choice).
- If your PS4 system is unbootable, press and holds the power button until it shuts off. Try to boot up again by pressing the Power Button for five seconds. You’ll see a message that says “Safe Mode” on the screen. Next press and hold down the Power Button until you are given an option to choose a safe mode or normal startup.
- If your PS4 system is in a state where you cannot see Safe Mode, but the Power Button still works, press and hold down the Power Button for five seconds until it shuts off. Try booting up again by pressing the Power Button for five seconds. You’ll see a message that says ” Safe Mode” on the screen. Next press and hold down the Power Button until you are given an option to choose safe mode or normal startup.
- If your PS4 system is in a state where you cannot see Safe Mode and the power button does not work, try plugging your controller into an open USB port with a charging cable. Next hit reset (pressing any other button will not work), this should get the device to boot up and display “Safe Mode”.
That’s all. Now you’re supposed to able to get out of PS4 safe mode without using a controller.