5 Fixes For PS5 Controller Not Working On PC
The PS5 DualSense controller is a great device, but it’s designed specifically for the Sony PlayStation 5. That means, at least on paper, that it’s not meant to be used with PC games. Fear not, since PCs are such powerful and flexible systems, you can get nearly any peripheral to work on them with a little effort. Here’s how to connect a DualSense controller to your PC.
By default, Windows 10 machines do not support the PS5 DualSense controller. If you connect your DualSense controller via USB cable, some Steam games may allow it and others may not. It’s your first time using a PS5 controller on a computer, and it doesn’t function.
There’s no need to be concerned right now. The problem could be caused by something as mild as a controller misconfiguration. It can be resolved by reviewing your controller settings.
The PS5 DualSense controller uses generic DirectInput drivers rather than the XInput drivers used by Xbox controllers. Installing a PS5 controller on a PC isn’t as simple as plugging in an Xbox gamepad.
Causes Of PS5 Controller Not Working On PC
You may be having trouble connecting your PS5 controller to your Windows PC. One of the following factors likely is to blame.
1. Interference with Bluetooth signals
Signal interference is one of wireless technology’s flaws. You’re using a PS5 controller that’s wireless. Ensure there are no additional Bluetooth devices in the vicinity that could interfere with the signal.
2. The USB cord or port is defective
You’re utilizing a wired connection. It’s conceivable that this is the cause of your PS5 controller not working on your computer. A faulty USB cable or a broken USB port could be the source of the problem.
3. The PS5 controller is turned off or has a low battery
Your computer is unable to locate or recognize that you are attempting to connect your PS5 controller wirelessly. Make sure the controller isn’t turned off. It’s turned on, but it’s not visible in the Windows Bluetooth settings. It may be caused by due to a low battery level.
4. There are problems with the drivers on your computer
When using a PS5 controller, sure gamers may have trouble connecting. It’s because of an out-of-date or incompatible driver. Right-click each item under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.
Methods To Fix PS5 Controller Not Connecting To PC
So, it’s time now to learn how to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to PC issue. Here are the most common solutions to this problem.
- Use A Different USB Cable
- Restart Your PS5 Console
- Hard Reset Your PS5 Controller
- Re-Enable Bluetooth Device
- Forget And Re-Pair Your PS5 Controller
1. Use A Different USB Cable
Attach your PS5 controller to your machine via USB. Make sure the cable you’re using is in good working order. If you have a second micro USB cable, use it.
Try using a different USB cable or a different USB port on your Windows 10 PC to check whether your controller works regularly. It is frequently used to charge a variety of mobile phones. Check to see if that solves the problem.
2. Restart Your PS5 Console
The controller is the source of the majority of controller difficulties. Your PS5 may be the source of the issue. Before going any further with troubleshooting, you should restart your console to rule out this possibility.
Your controller menu is capable of switching through menus. To access the Quick Menu, press and hold the PS Button.
- To reboot your PS5 system, go to the Power option and then Restart PS5.
- Hold the Power switch on the PS5 console until two beeps are heard if your controller isn’t working.
- Once it’s turned off, this will completely shut it off. To turn it on, hold the Power button once again.
- After a reboot, try using your PS5 controller again to see if it helps.
3. Hard Reset Your Controller
A small pointed instrument is required, such as a bent paper clip or a SIM card ejection tool.
- Flip your controller over after turning off your PS5.
- By the L2 button, there’s a small hole adjacent to the screw.
- Hard Reset Your Controller
- Press and hold the button within this hole for around five seconds using your tipped tool.
- Connect the controller to PS5 via USB connection once more to see whether it connects.
4. Re-Enable Bluetooth Device
You’re having trouble connecting your PS5 controller to your Windows PC. Turn off and on your computer’s Bluetooth, then try pairing it with your device again. From the Windows Action Center or the Windows Settings menu, you can disable Bluetooth.
- Pick Settings from the Start menu.
- Now select Bluetooth & other devices from the Devices menu.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch on or off to suit your needs.
- You can also add another Bluetooth device.
5. Forget And Re-Pair Your PS5 Controller
If you have a secondary PS5 controller, you can use it to navigate through a menu.
- Now navigate to Settings, Devices, and Bluetooth Devices.
- Choose the DualSense option. There isn’t a green light next to it.
- Now, on your controller, touch the Options button and select Forget Device. It will cause your PS5 console to erase it from memory, forcing you to reconnect it.
- At startup, re-pair the controller.
- Turn off your PlayStation 5. Connect the faulty controller to your console with a USB cable once it’s been turned off. To switch on and pair your controller in one step, press the PS Button.
- If this doesn’t work, restart your PS5 and attempt pairing it usually.
How To Install PS5 Controller In Steam
If you want to install the PS5 controller in steam, you can do that with ease by following these instructions:
- Start Steam on your computer.
- Open the Controller tab in the top-left drop-down menu by going to Settings.
- Go to the General Controller Settings tab.
- Log in to your account and register your device.
- Calibrate joysticks and change preferences.
- Select PlayStation Configuration Support from the drop-down menu.
- Remap the controller in the game or via the Settings Controller tab.
How To Install PS5 Controller On PC (Bluetooth)
It’s possible to install PS5 DualSense controller on a PC via Bluetooth. You can do that by following the steps below:
- Start the DS4Windows program. Add a Bluetooth Device by right-clicking on Bluetooth Device in the system tray.
- Connect your Bluetooth dongle to your PS5 DualSense controller. For three seconds, hold down the Share and PlayStation buttons. Until the top of the controller’s light bar reveals a double blinking pattern.
- To pair your PS5 controller, go to Wireless Controller. Use your laptop’s built-in Bluetooth device or a wireless USB dongle.
- Verify that the PS5 controller is plugged in. Check the top of the controller for a light bar that should be lit up.
- Alternatively, the DS4Windows window’s Controllers tab should detect the controller.
If your PS5 Controller is Flashing White then you need to fix that too
Sometimes PS5 connections can be frustrating. One of the most common issues in this concern is when the PS5 controller is not working on PC. Follow the above-given procedures to solve this problem. At least one of the above troubleshooting techniques should help you fix your PS5 controller not working on PC. In most cases, faulty drivers are the main reason that prevents computers from detecting PS5 controllers.
PS5 Controller Not Working On PC FAQ
Why Won’t My PC Recognize My PS5 Controller?
Windows PC did not detect your gamepad. It’s because you have too many gadgets plugged into your computer. Disconnect any additional plug-and-play gadgets you have. Make sure your gamepad is not connected to a USB hub and is connected directly to your PC.
How Do I Get Windows PC To Recognize My PS5 Controller?
The Settings app can be accessed from the Start menu in Windows 10. Select “Bluetooth” from the “Devices” menu. If the DualSense is in pairing mode, it will appear here as a “Wireless Controller.” After that, select it and click “Pair” to connect it to your computer.
Why Won’t My PS5 Controller Connect To My PC USB?
The notice “USB device not detected” appears. The issue may be caused by the controller not being correctly linked with your computer. Simply press the pairing button on your adapter to correct this. Then, on your controller, push the pairing button.
Is The PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller Supported By Windows 10 and 11 PC?
Third-party controllers, such as the PS5 DualSense, are not supported by Windows 10 or 11. Users are encouraged to utilize their own Xbox controller, according to Microsoft. It does not rule out the possibility of using a PS5 controller with your computer.