PS5 Error Code (CE-109601-7) Fixed By Experts
If you are a PS5 user, you may have encountered the error code (CE-109601-7) when trying to download or install a game or an update from the PlayStation Store. This error may prevent you from accessing the latest content or features of your game. In this article, we will explain what causes this error, how to troubleshoot it, and how to prevent it from happening again.
What Causes PS5 Error Code (CE-109601-7)?
According to some users on reddit.com, this error may occur due to various reasons, such as:
- Server issues – If other users are affected, this may be a global issue caused by Sony’s servers. You may need to wait until they are resolved by Sony.
- Internet connection issues – A stable and fast internet connection is required for PS5, and if you have a slow or unstable Wi-Fi, you might get this error.
- System software issues – Your PS5 system software may be outdated, corrupted, or incompatible with some games or features. You may need to update, reinstall, or reset your system software.
- Game license issues – Your PS5 game licenses may be invalid, expired, or conflicting with other games. You may need to restore, renew, or delete your game licenses.
How to Troubleshoot PS5 Error Code (CE-109601-7)?
If you see this error but you have a valid game or update option, please try the following steps:
- Check the current status of the PlayStation Network servers by visiting this link. If there are any issues, wait until they are resolved by Sony.
- Check your internet connection by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting Network, choosing Connection Status, and then selecting Test Internet Connection. If there are any problems, try using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi, or contact your internet service provider for assistance.
- Update your system software by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting System, choosing System Software, and then selecting System Software Update and Settings. Follow the instructions on screen to download and install the latest version of the system software.
- Restore your game licenses by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting Users and Accounts, choosing Other, and then selecting Restore Licenses. This will refresh your game licenses and allow you to access your purchased content.
- Delete and reinstall the game by highlighting the game you want to delete on the home screen, pressing and holding the Options button on your controller, selecting Delete from the menu that appears, and confirming your choice. Then go to the PlayStation Store app on the home screen, select Library from the left sidebar, choose Purchased from the top menu, find the game you want to reinstall, and select Download.
How to Prevent PS5 Error Code (CE-109601-7) from Happening Again?
To avoid this error in the future, please follow these tips:
- Keep your PlayStation Plus subscription active and up to date. You can check your subscription status by going to your profile on the home screen and looking for the PS+ symbol next to your name.
- Keep your system software updated and follow the instructions on screen. You can check for updates by going to the Settings menu of your console, selecting System, choosing System Software, and then selecting System Software Update and Settings.
- Keep your console clean and dust-free by using a soft cloth or compressed air. Avoid dropping or bumping your console.
- Contact PlayStation support if none of the above solutions work or if you have any questions or feedback.
We hope this article has helped you fix PS5 error code (CE-109601-7) and enjoy your gaming experience.