How To Fix PS5 Error Code (CE-118877-2) Entirely
As a PS5 user, you may have already encountered the error code CE-118877-2 when trying to install or update a game or an app. This error code means that something went wrong with the installation process and the game or app cannot be launched. This can be very frustrating, especially if you want to play your favorite game or use a specific app.
Fortunately, there are some possible solutions that can help you fix this error code entirely and enjoy your PS5 without any issues. In this article, we will show you how to fix PS5 error code CE-118877-2 entirely by following some simple steps.
What Causes PS5 Error Code CE-118877-2?
There are several possible causes for PS5 error code CE-118877-2, such as:
- Outdated system software: If your PS5 system software is not up to date, it may prevent you from installing or updating a game or an app, and cause the error code to appear. It is essential to update your system software regularly to ensure the optimal performance and compatibility of your PS5.
- Corrupted database: If your PS5 database is corrupted, it may affect the installation process of a game or an app, and cause the error code to appear. Your PS5 database may get corrupted due to various reasons, such as accidental data deletion, power outage, or faulty hardware. It is recommended to rebuild your database periodically to fix any errors and improve the loading speed of your games and apps.
- Insufficient storage: If your PS5 storage is full or nearly full, it may prevent you from installing or updating a game or an app, and cause the error code to appear. You need to have enough free space on your PS5 storage to install or update a game or an app, usually more than 1 GB. You can delete or move some of the games or apps that you don’t use frequently to free up some space on your PS5 storage. You can also expand your storage by using an external hard drive or a compatible SSD.
- Faulty game or app: If the game or app that you are trying to install or update is faulty, it may cause the error code to appear. The game or app may be faulty due to various reasons, such as bugs, glitches, or corruption. You can try to reinstall the game or app to fix any issues with it.
How To Fix PS5 Error Code CE-118877-2?
Depending on the cause of the error, you may need to try different solutions to fix PS5 error code CE-118877-2. Here are some of the most common and effective methods that have worked for many PS5 users:
Method 1: Update System Software
The first thing you should do when you encounter PS5 error code CE-118877-2 is to update your system software to the latest version. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software. This will automatically download and install the latest system software update for your PS5.
Alternatively, you can also update your system software manually by using a USB drive and following the instructions on the [official website].
Method 2: Rebuild Database
The next thing you should do is to rebuild your database on your PS5. This will scan your PS5 storage and fix any errors or corruption that may affect the installation process of a game or an app. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Reset Options > Rebuild Database. This will restart your PS5 in safe mode and start rebuilding your database. This may take some time depending on the size of your storage and the number of games and apps installed on it.
Method 3: Free Up Storage Space
Another possible solution is to free up some storage space on your PS5. You can do this by going to Settings > Storage > Console Storage > Games and Apps. This will show you how much space each game and app is taking on your storage and allow you to delete or move them.
You can also go to Settings > Storage > Console Storage > Media Gallery to delete any screenshots or videos that you don’t need. You can also go to Settings > Storage > Extended Storage if you have an external hard drive connected to your PS5 and manage its contents.
Method 4: Reinstall Game or App
Sometimes, PS5 error code CE-118877-2 can be caused by a faulty game or app that cannot be installed or updated properly.
To fix this, you can try reinstalling the game or app on your PS5. You can do this by going to Settings > Storage > Console Storage > Games and Apps and selecting the game or app that you want to reinstall. Then, press the Options button on your controller and select Delete. This will uninstall the game or app from your PS5. Then, you can reinstall it from the PlayStation Store or from a disc if you have one.
Method 5: Power Cycle Your PS5 And Router
Power cycling your PS5 and router is a troubleshooting step to improve gaming performance and address connectivity issues and some users reported that it fixed PS5 error code CE-118877-2. It involves shutting down and restarting your PS5 to clear temporary glitches and refreshing your router’s network settings by unplugging and plugging it back in. This process ensures a stable and reliable connection for a smoother gaming experience.
To power cycle your PS5 and router, follow these steps:
- Power Cycling Your PS5:
a. On your PS5, exit any games or applications that are running.
b. Press and hold the PS button on your controller to open the Quick Menu.
c. Select “Power” from the Quick Menu options.
d. Choose “Turn Off PS5” to completely shut down the console.
e. Wait for about 10-15 seconds to ensure the PS5 is completely powered off.
f. After the waiting period, press the power button on your PS5 or use the controller to turn it back on.
- Power Cycling Your Router:
a. Locate your router and find the power cable connected to it.
b. Carefully unplug the power cable from the router.
c. Wait for about 10-15 seconds to allow the router to fully power down.
d. Plug the power cable back into the router.
e. Wait for the router to fully restart and establish a stable connection. This might take a couple of minutes.
By power cycling both your PS5 and router, you are giving them a fresh start, which can resolve connectivity issues and ensure smoother gaming experiences by clearing temporary glitches and refreshing network settings.
PS5 error code CE-118877-2 is a common and annoying error that can prevent you from installing or updating a game or an app on your PS5. However, by following the methods we have listed in this article, you should be able to fix it entirely and enjoy your PS5 without any issues. We hope this article was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading.