PS5 Error Code (WS-113947-5) Fixed By Experts
If you are a PS5 user, you may have encountered the error code WS-113947-5 when trying to purchase or download something from the PlayStation Store. This error code means that there is a problem with the network connection between your console and the PlayStation Network (PSN). This can prevent you from buying or downloading games, apps, or updates. In this article, we will show you how to fix PS5 error code WS-113947-5 entirely by following some simple steps.
What Causes PS5 Error Code WS-113947-5?
There are several possible causes for PS5 error code WS-113947-5, such as:
- PSN is undergoing maintenance or facing server issues.
- Your internet connection is unstable or slow.
- Your router or modem is malfunctioning or outdated.
- Your PS5 system software is outdated or corrupted.
- Your PS5 network settings are incorrect or incompatible.
- Your PS5 account has been suspended or banned.
How To Fix PS5 Error Code WS-113947-5?
Depending on the cause of the error, you may need to try different solutions to fix PS5 error code WS-113947-5. Here are some of the most common and effective methods that have worked for many PS5 users:
Method 1: Check PlayStation Network Status
The first thing you should do when you encounter PS5 error code WS-113947-5 is to check the PlayStation Network status. You can do this by visiting the official website or using the PlayStation App on your smartphone. If there are any widespread issues affecting the PSN, such as maintenance or outage, you will see a notification on the website or app. If that is the case, you will have to wait until the issue is resolved by Sony before you can access the PSN features again.
Method 2: Test Internet Connection
The next thing you should do is to test your internet connection on your PS5. You can do this by going to Settings > Network > Connection Status > Test Internet Connection. This will show you the speed and quality of your internet connection, as well as any errors or problems. If you see any issues with your connection, such as low speed, high latency, or packet loss, you may need to improve your internet connection by following these steps:
- Restart your router or modem by unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.
- Move your PS5 closer to your router or modem, or use a wired connection instead of wireless.
- Avoid using multiple devices on the same network at the same time, especially those that consume a lot of bandwidth, such as streaming services or online games.
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP) and ask them to check your connection and fix any issues.
Method 3: Raise The Monthly Spending Limit
In this method you’ll need to raise the monthly spending limit and temporarily disable parental controls.
To raise the monthly spending limit on the PS Store using a PS5, you can follow these steps:
- Access Settings: Turn on your PS5 and make sure you are signed in with the account for which you want to adjust the spending limit. Navigate to the home screen.
- Go to Account Settings: Scroll up to the top menu, and then go to the “Settings” option. It looks like a gear-shaped icon.
- Select Account Management: In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Account Management.”
- Choose Account Information: Under Account Management, select “Account Information.”
- View Wallet: On the Account Information screen, select “Wallet.”
- Select Spending Limit: Under Wallet, you will see the “Spending Limit” option. Choose this option.
- Adjust Spending Limit: You will now be prompted to enter your account password. Once you’ve entered your password, you can adjust the monthly spending limit as per your preference. You can either increase it or remove it entirely, depending on your needs.
- Confirm Changes: After making the necessary adjustments, confirm your changes to save them.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your spending limit on the PS Store will be adjusted accordingly. Keep in mind that this feature is particularly useful for controlling spending on a shared or family account to prevent unintended purchases or overspending.
To disable parental controls on a PS5, follow these steps:
- Access Settings: Turn on your PS5 and ensure that you are logged in with the account that has parental controls enabled. Navigate to the home screen.
- Go to Settings: Scroll up to the top menu and select the “Settings” option. It’s represented by a gear-shaped icon.
- Choose Family and Parental Controls: In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Family and Parental Controls.”
- Enter the Parental Control PIN: To make changes to parental controls, you will need to enter the Parental Control PIN that was set when the controls were initially configured. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, you may need to reset it. If you remember the PIN, proceed to the next step.
- Select PS5 Console Restrictions: Under Family and Parental Controls, choose “PS5 Console Restrictions.”
- Disable Parental Controls: In the PS5 Console Restrictions menu, you’ll have various options to configure restrictions for different features and content. To disable parental controls entirely, select “Change” next to “Console Restrictions” and then choose “Off” or “Do Not Restrict.”
- Confirm Changes: You may be asked to enter your Parental Control PIN one more time to confirm the changes. Follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- Disable Individual Restrictions (Optional): If you had set individual restrictions for specific users, you can also disable them by going back to the “Family and Parental Controls” menu, selecting the user you want to adjust, and then choosing “Remove Family Member.”
Once you’ve followed these steps and confirmed your choices, parental controls will be disabled on your PS5 for the selected account or the entire console, depending on your preferences. Keep in mind that disabling parental controls will grant unrestricted access to age-restricted content and features, so use this option responsibly.
Method 4: Update System Software
Another possible cause of PS5 error code WS-113947-5 is that your system software is outdated or corrupted. To fix this, you need to update your system software to the latest version. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software. This will automatically download and install the latest system software update for your PS5. Alternatively, you can also update your system software manually by using a USB drive and following the instructions on the official website.
Method 5: Restore Default Settings
Sometimes, PS5 error code WS-113947-5 can be caused by incorrect or incompatible network settings on your console. To fix this, you can try restoring your default settings by going to Settings > System > Reset Options > Restore Default Settings. This will reset your console settings to their original state, but it will not delete any of your data or games. However, you will have to reconfigure some of your settings, such as language, time zone, and network settings.
Method 6: Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above methods work for you, then you may have a more serious problem with your PS5 console or account. In that case, you should contact PlayStation Support and ask them for help. You can do this by visiting the official website or calling them at 1-800-345-7669. They will be able to diagnose your problem and provide you with a solution or a repair service if needed.
PS5 error code WS-113947-5 is a common and annoying error that can prevent you from purchasing or downloading anything from the PlayStation Store. However, by following the methods we have listed in this article, you should be able to fix it entirely and enjoy your PS5 without any issues. We hope this article was helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading.