PS5 Error Code (SU-101312-8) Fixed By Experts
If you own a PS5, you may have encountered the error code (SU-101312-8) when trying to update your system software. This error indicates that there is a problem with the communication between the motherboard and the Blu-ray disc drive. It may prevent you from installing the latest firmware, resetting your console, or reading discs. In this article, we will explain what causes this error, how to troubleshoot it, and how to prevent it from happening again.
What Causes PS5 Error Code (SU-101312-8)?
According to the official PlayStation support website, this error may occur if you have physically removed the Blu-ray disc drive from your console. This is because the PS5 system software update requires a valid connection between the motherboard and the disc drive. If you have tampered with or replaced the disc drive, you may not be able to update your console or use it normally.
However, some users have reported this error even without removing or modifying the disc drive. In this case, the error may be caused by a loose or damaged ribbon cable that connects the disc drive to the motherboard. The ribbon cable is a thin and flexible strip of plastic that carries electrical signals between different components. It may become loose or damaged due to improper handling, dust accumulation, or wear and tear.
How to Troubleshoot PS5 Error Code (SU-101312-8)?
If you see this error but your console’s Blu-ray disc drive hasn’t been physically removed, please try the following steps:
- Turn off and unplug your console.
- Turn off your router, wait at least 5 minutes, and then restart the router.
- Plug in and turn on your console.
- Try to update your system software via the internet or a USB storage device.
- If the update fails, try to reset your console to factory settings via the safe mode menu.
- If the reset fails, contact PlayStation support for further assistance.
If none of these steps work, you may need to open up your console and check the ribbon cable that connects the disc drive to the motherboard. However, this is not recommended unless you are confident in your technical skills and have the proper tools. Opening up your console will void your warranty and may cause further damage if done incorrectly. If you decide to do this, please follow these instructions:
- Watch a video tutorial on how to disassemble your PS5.
- Locate the ribbon cable that connects the disc drive to the motherboard. It is a blue-tabbed wire that runs along the side of the console.
- Check if the ribbon cable is loose or disconnected from either end. If so, reconnect it firmly until you hear a small click.
- Check if the ribbon cable is damaged or torn. If so, replace it with a new one that is compatible with your PS5 model.
- Reassemble your console and try to update or reset it again.
How to Prevent PS5 Error Code (SU-101312-8) from Happening Again?
To avoid this error in the future, please follow these tips:
- Do not remove or replace the Blu-ray disc drive from your console unless authorized by PlayStation support.
- Do not open up your console unless necessary and only with proper tools and guidance.
- Keep your console clean and dust-free by using a soft cloth or compressed air.
- Handle your console with care and avoid dropping or bumping it.
- Update your system software regularly and follow the instructions on screen.
We hope this article has helped you fix PS5 error code (SU-101312-8) and enjoy your gaming experience