How To Attach A PS5 Base
The PS5’s new design is different from the previous model. It requires a platform that can stand vertically and lay horizontally. In my PS5 review, I mentioned that this could cause problems with a backup storage. This step-by-step guide will help you to set up your PS5 base in the orientation that you prefer. You can also stand the PS5 vertically. To do this, you will need to use a screwdriver.
How To Set Up A PS5 Horizontally Or Vertically
- Take your PS5 out of its box.
- Turn the PS5 base until you see the screw.
- The included screw should be removed from the PS5 base.
- Place the PS5 on its side and remove the cover.
- Attach the base under the power port and align the screws on the console with the holes in the PS5 base.
- You can tighten the screw using a flathead or similar tool.
- Your PS5 should be held up carefully.
The base attaches to your Sony PlayStation 5 in a specific orientation so you need to pay attention. Once the hidden screw compartment has been opened, it is ready to be set up vertically. If the compartment is closed you can put it up horizontally. The PS5 base’s compartment also has a space to store the screw cap. If you haven’t yet been able to buy a PS5, you can keep an eye out to see if stock is available.